Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 LB7 fluttering noise

Hey all. I just joined the forum and noticed there are not a whole lot of posts. Anyways I'm new to the D-Max scene and I have a concern that may be normal. My 04 LB7 has Cali emissions so I have a smog pump. I've pinpointed a fluttering type noise from my smog pump or at least that area. Almost sounds like an exhaust leak, but I've already checked all bolts on passenger exhaust manifold. I also don't smell an exhaust leak. I'm not sure if that is normal or something to be concerned about. I would love to hear some feedback regarding this. Thank you very much.

Hi and welcome. It's pretty common for those pumps to fail and begin making noise. Some guys will remove and block them off depending on your smog situation

Comment

Smog pump has already been replaced by the previous owner. Some people are telling me its a normal noise. It is not throwing any CELs and no driveability issues at this point

Comment

Originally posted by HTNKLB7 View Post
        Smog pump has already been replaced by the previous owner. Some people are telling me its a normal noise. It is not throwing any CELs and no driveability issues at this point
        Its possible the noise is somewhat normal. Hard to tell without the truck present. The smog pumps can make noise when they get worn. Also Idler pulleys and belt tensioners can cause noise or seize over time.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
        X