Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duramax transplants

I have been wanting to put a dmax in some sort of vehicle that didn't come with one for a long time. I kinda put that idea on the back burner for a while but, that idea has come back with a vengeance. The most recent ride I've seen repowered with a dmax was a 67 camaro. It was a really clean first generation.

What kind of car or truck would you hide a dmax in?
    2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

So I picked up this 1964 SKYLARK and I'm thinking it might get a DMAX.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dmaxdr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	2440
    Attached Files
    2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Originally posted by DMAXDR View Post
      I am thinking hella yes!!!!

Comment

Nice plan! A car that can tow a trailer home with style!

Comment

Originally posted by DMAXDR View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n2440[/ATTACH]

fixed it... had to make that vision for front and add the pic to the post!!!!

Comment

The Skylark is finally under the knife 🔧or wrench.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Attached Files

Comment

Very cool for sure 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had some time to do actual work on the Skylark, thanks rain and family 👍😃. There is a lot of body and chassis work to come if she gonna be the BEAST I've been planning on. Just through this in to help with the process, and looks cool!😆

Comment

Sweet project! You gonna put a cage in it or subframe connectors? All that TQ from the dmax in a unibody and the doors will never close again if you get traction...

I need to get back wrenching on 64 Nova.... Let me know if you ever need a hand, I have all the fun toys (mig, tig, plasma)....
                  -Jimmy
                  08' Silverado 3500HD CCLB LMM 4x4 - Build Thread
                  02' Silverado 2500HD CCLB LB7 4x4 - RIP 12/15/2016

Comment

Hey Jimmy, it's and A body like a chevelle. Full frame car, and yes it will have a 10 point cage as well as being back halfed. I have a lot to do still. Right now I'm working on getting a mock up engine and Allison transmission in it. I'm going to have to modify the firewall and trans tunnel. The engine will be set back and most likely will have a turbo or turbos out of the stock location. After doing some initial fitting the body will come off and, the frame and body work will happen. It should be a fun journey and car when done. I'll keep posting when there is some more progress.👍

Comment

Some progress updates, been super busy so progress is at a snail pace 😕. Trans fits no problem lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Like a glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bolt in, no mods needed.

Comment

Originally posted by DmaxStoreJimmy View Post
                            Bolt in, no mods needed.
                            I know , it should be done already! Ha ha

Comment

Slacker... Its not like you turn a wrench all day at work...

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                              X