If your not running EFI Live, then what are you running for tunes?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If your not running EFI Live, then what are you running for tunes?

So, if you're not running EFI Live then what are you running for tunes?

I for one, prefer the PPE platform as a very good hand held out of the box tuner. Delivers good power and drive ability and can increase your MPG's if you drive it accordingly.
    Last edited by DmaxStoreAustin; 03-28-2019, 08:21 AM.
    DMAXSTORE.COM

I have the auto minder from Bamks.

Comment

Originally posted by RegalThunder View Post
      I have the auto minder from Bamks.
      Banks is a very good alternative for mild clean and safe alternative

Comment

I'm running the Edge Evolution CTS. It's a good basic tuner, also a good thing I can't shift on the fly or I would be getting stupid. I like all the diagnostics, injector rates and what not.

Comment

Running the Hypertech on stage 3

Comment

I have an XRT Pro that came with my truck.

Six.Six Life

Comment

Originally posted by Canigetanamen View Post
              I have an XRT Pro that came with my truck.

Six.Six Life
              How is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukcaln@Dmaxstore

How is that?
                This is my first vehicle with any type of mods period so I don't really have any experience tot pull from. It's good? Lol

After some research it seams like a good tuner...the tuner was setup to go with my 4.56 gears and it has the High Sulfur conversion upgrade that H&S used to offer. The only thing that isn't my favorite is that fact that I have to pug it in to change tunes. I have a CTS2. I just got a bdi2 splitter so I don't ever have to unplug the CTS2 when I need to change the tune.

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"

Comment

This is my first vehicle with any type of mods period so I don't really have any experience tot pull from. It's good? Lol

After some research it seams like a good tuner...the tuner was setup to go with my 4.56 gears and it has the High Sulfur conversion upgrade that H&S used to offer. The only thing that isn't my favorite is that fact that I have to pug it in to change tunes. I have a CTS2. I just got a bdi2 splitter so I don't ever have to unplug the CTS2 when I need to change the tune.

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"
                  What are the HP settings on this?

Comment

With DPF
                    Stock, +40hp, +80 and +120hp

With DPF delete
                    Stock, +60hp, +120hp and +175hp

Mine is deleted 😁😎

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

With DPF
                      Stock, +40hp, +80 and +120hp

With DPF delete
                      Stock, +60hp, +120hp and +175hp

Mine is deleted 😁😎

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      very nice how does she run?

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with the edge programmers on 2016 LML? All I want is to have good mpg and strong towing with my trailers in the 10 to 16k range. I had an LBZ with a bully dog tuner that wasn't really great but gave me some gauges. Is the edge basically the same thing? It seems like with EFI live I would still need a unit for gauges etc? I'm pretty new to this stuff and I'm not sure how much I have to spend to get what I want. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Are you wanting other upgrades also? The LML really wakes up with an Airdog fuel system and an Intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Althebuilder
                            Althebuilder commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I was thinking about an intake but I hadn't thought I'd need to mess with fuel for the modest performance I'm after. Really just want good economy and strong towing which the truck isn't too bad at stock. But I've only put 30000 kms on it so far

The Airdog is a big help on the LML's weak CP4 fuel pump. It helps to get rid of the low speed dead pedal. The tuning will make the most noticeable difference.

Comment

I running Banks 6-gun and have set up the speed loader. I have gone through 3 displays now, the first two powered by windows CE operating system (technically Windows Mobile). LBZ Crew cab runs 14.2 in the quarter mile (launch at 10psi in 4WD - any more than that and I get severe tire shake/4WD burnout) with 1.8 60ft time. Happy with the perfromance, when it works..... If you start the truck in the stagging lanes, you have to wait for the display to power up and communicate with the underhood module. Better not be first in line...

I bought the first setup used (good price) - added new display when first flaked out (USB connector) bought a 3rd when that one stopped working (also USB???). Bottomline, I have slowly bought about $700 worth of displays. EFI live would have been overall cheaper (and more reliable).

I like the idea of the tune watching transmissin slipping and theoretically exhaust temps, but I doubt it would be fast enough to save me.
                            I like the idea of being able to monitor and clear check engine light.
                            Gauges are better than nothing (really like being able to tell what gear I'm in)

I have now been told by Banks that the underhood module has failed (one of the communication lines doesn't show the right voltage when diagnosing). There is no way I will buy another one (besides I think banks dropped the speed loader option, I know in California they dropped it years ago)

Normally I run at level 5 (full power, with defuel during shifts) with SL only for racing or embarrasing the occasional mustang

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                            X