Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATS Copilot

What do you guys think about this setup?

http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/produc...p?p=6019204248

Avoid everything that ATS makes.

Comment

Originally posted by rsbad454 View Post
      What do you guys think about this setup?

http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/produc...p?p=6019204248
      Curious why you are so concerned about the trans RSbad?

Comment

I'm not concerned, I never posted a concern about anything, I'm asking opinions and experiences. I read a lot of information and try to talk to a lot of people before I make a decision on anything that I do.

Comment

Ok cool. thats why I ask a lot of questions too. Want to make sure your putting your money in the right place.

Comment

If you were referring to my question about durmaxtuner.com and their tranny tuning question, then that was asked because I know on most other vehicles the transmission should get adjusted as well when you tune the engine typically. GM will throw out an update for the Allison at times which you program via the Tech2 to modify shift points etc. I also know the Allison has adaptive learning and needs to go through a slow relearn or quick relearn if the taps are reset.

Comment

Maybe that's why I was thinking you were concerned. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by rsbad454 View Post
                If you were referring to my question about durmaxtuner.com and their tranny tuning question, then that was asked because I know on most other vehicles the transmission should get adjusted as well when you tune the engine typically. GM will throw out an update for the Allison at times which you program via the Tech2 to modify shift points etc. I also know the Allison has adaptive learning and needs to go through a slow relearn or quick relearn if the taps are reset.
                rsbad454.

With a stock transmission there is no need and or real benefit to get trans tuning. Money would be better spent on other supporting mods. When it comes to trans tunes, in a built transmission, it can be a necessary or good addition in some cases when larger tires, gear changes, turbo upgrades and convertor stall speed changes all are done. The owner at this point is trying to mesh all those aftermarket changes together to achieve the correct shift points and so on.

No durability or longevity or increased holding power will be had from trans tunes in a stock setting. A reputable EFI Live tuner can get basic efi live tuning dialed in where the trans will perform smooth and crisp.

As for the co pilot. There are lots who run it and think it is a great product. In the arena for your year of Allison, a quality build and tunes will take you where your trying to get in my opinion.
                Last edited by DmaxStoreAustin; 03-28-2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                X