Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dmax maintenance tools

Any special tools you guys use or are always using?
    I always seem to be using torque wrenches. I have 2 jacks and they always come in handy while working on the truck. Pitman arm puller with a grade 8 bolt is perfect to remove the pitman arm with out removing the steering box.
    07 LBZ Built Transmission by Inglewood Transmission

Good question, maybe a tech or two will chime in.

My special tool, is the fumoto drain valve.. makes those oil changes so much easier!!

Comment

Not to many special tools required for standard maintenance , a digital volt ohm meter is a good item as well as a code reader to have in the tool box. The torque wrench is great too as well, along with a good set of metric tools. Has there been anything that you have done that made you wish you had a special tool.
      2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

When I'm doing Duramax exhaust manifolds, EGR cooler bolts to up pipe bolts, I use my favorite specialty tool in my tool box... the blue tip wrench(torch).

Comment

Originally posted by pmason92 View Post
          When I'm doing Duramax exhaust manifolds, EGR cooler bolts to up pipe bolts, I use my favorite specialty tool in my tool box... the blue tip wrench(torch).

think we all need one of those!!

Comment

Just made some ramps using 2x6. I stacked 3 on top of each other. Works good for changing oil on the truck and on the car.
            07 LBZ Built Transmission by Inglewood Transmission

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
            X